Housed in the Institute of the Americas overlooking the Pacific Ocean in La Jolla, California, UCSD's Center for Iberian and Latin American Studies enjoys a preeminent position among US-based programs. With great depth across the social sciences, humanities, and medicine, our Center serves as a meeting ground for scholars engaged in important cross-disciplinary work. Joining us each year are visiting scholars from around the globe as well as undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in our BA and MA programs and members of our local community. To further extend our reach, CILAS also coordinates a book series published through the University of Sussex Press. Our academic calendar is stimulating and active with a weekly lecture series, films, and conferences.
Phone: (858) 534-6050
Fax: (858) 534-7175
University of California, San Diego
Attention: CILAS 9500 Gilman Drive # 0548
La Jolla, CA 92093-0548 To contact specific staff & administrators, please visit our staff page.
Directions (by car and walking)
Location Address: 451 Gildred Building International Lane, La Jolla 92037
- Take 5 North or South to Genesee Avenue exit.
- Go west on Genesee Avenue (towards the ocean).
- Turn left on North Torrey Pines Road.
- Turn left at Pangea Drive. There is a parking garage on the left side. Metered parking parking is available on the top level or you may purchase a parking permit at the North Point Drive entrance.
- Walk up Pangea Drive towards the stop sign and pass Scholars Drive North. Pangea Drive becomes Thurgood Marshall Lane.
- Make a left on International Lane and continue to the end.
- On your right, you will see the Institute of the Americas Complex. Once you go up the stairs you will see three buildings with Spanish roof tiles.
- The CILAS building is on the left side (north) of the fountain.